Wednesday, November 9, 2011

ANOTHER WONDERFUL DAY!

Just had to add these pictures of Lucy Kate after she got up this morning...just look at ALL of that hair!!!!
This morning we visited the Zhengzhou zoo with our guide, Celine.....it was a beautiful day and the kids had a great time. Lucy Kate was in awe at all of the animals.
  
Lucy Kate enjoying the zoo with Baba and Eli.  She loved the animals!  The Panda was adorable.
Look Aunt Dalene....Llamas in China too!!
A joyful girl most of the day, but some moments when Mama needed to snuggle close.  She doesn't say much when this grieving occurs, just quiet tears and a need for extra love.  What enormous changes she has been through!

 Our guide Celine then took us to the Henan Provincial Museum. Such a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the province in which Lucy Kate was born.  The picture above depicts the ancient Chinese belief that the "Spirit" shown in the middle is the creator of all things.  How thankful we are that we are assured in our Creator & Protector!
Some rather interesting artifacts!
We then took a walk through the streets of Zhengzhou...oh so interesting....it is one of the most highly populated provinces in China, so VERY crowded streets.  Most people are riding bicycles or motorized scooters.  We made for quite a spectactle...the super tall blonde Americans with the two Chinese daughters!  We were definitely the subjects of many pictures!

(Oh, and Thomas, the "fancy" hair is the result of my straightning iron not being compatible with the power system here.....kinda went kaput!  Thanks for the comment though...feeling better about my curly do now!!)

9 comments:

  1. Hi guys!! Love the pic of Lucy Kate with "bed head". So cute! She is TEENY TINY! Looks like the zoo was really fun. Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Love you guys! Cassie, David, and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Cassie again....just reading the comments from yesterday's post. Didn't realize Jacob was such a ladies man!!! Hee hee... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow does Lucy Kate have some hair! And speaking of hair, I had the same straightening iron issue on our first trip, so I bought one on our second trip while we were there. It has paid for itself pretty well now...
    My heart aches for little miss LK as she's grieving, but how wonderful that she turns to you for comfort instead of trying to process it all herself. You guys look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eli,
    I hope you are having a good time there. I like your pictures and I can't wait to meet Lucy Kate.
    Your friend,
    Keaton

    Hey Jacob,
    How are you? How is the food there? Mom has been showing us all the pictures and it looks like you guys are having fun. I am looking forward to having you back for basketball.
    Your friend,
    David

    Hello all...I just wanted to thank you again for allowing us to follow your journey. It warms my heart to see all of those beautiful smiles. I can imagine that the sad moments can be heart-wrenching, but what a blessing it is that Lucy Kate is finding comfort in those loving Lisa arms. :) You remain in our prayers!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't get over how happy all of you look! Lucy Kate and Graham could compete for a bed head competition. I'm so glad that Lucy Kate is expressing herself and letting you comfort her. Those are such great signs! We are praying for her and all of you! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So blessed by your sharing! It is like I am stepping in to the pictures and right there with you.Love reading the posts from your friends too! What a loving community your little girl enters in to when she gets home. Lucy Kate and each of you remain in my heart and prayers! Love you more than chocolate! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Wingert family! I'm loving your blog! You all look so incredibly happy and what an experience for you all. I'm glad the whole family was able to go. I can't wait for your return and meet that precious daughter Lucy Kate! How long will it be for her to get to 2nd grade???? Ha! Enjoy yourselves and please give Eli and special hug from Mrs. V!
    Love,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful report. Thank you for spreading the joyful news. Love the latest "party of seven" pics of your beautiful family!
    Love & Blessings,
    "Auntie" Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI!! Love the pictures! Looks like the weather is good and you are all having a great time!! Jacqueline says to tell Madeline hi and that she misses her lots everyday!! Thomas says Hi to Eli! and We say hello to all!! XOXO love the perry's!

    ReplyDelete