Saturday, November 12, 2011

Arriving in Guangzhou and Medical appointment

Last night we flew into Guangzhou, where the American Consulate is located, for the final chapter of our journey.   Today was a  very eventful day to say the least.   Lucy Kate had her medical appointment required of all adoptions........long story short, her medical report did not "match up" as she has had club foot surgery at New Day in addition to her spinal surgery upon her abandonment at one year of age......after requiring her to walk across the room to assess her "gait", asking her to remove her brace and manipulating her foot, sweet Lucy Kate was quite hysterical.  This was difficult, to say the least, as Matt has to stay behind with Emme who had tummy troubles (never eat the fruit with skin....ooops....pooor girl!)  and all 3 kiddos were outside the room listening to their sisters terrified tears.  After 5 different doctors, including the 'supervising" doctor came into the room, we finally had the medical approval required.  Ever been in a room where 5 stern doctors speaking another language assess the value of the child you have come to adore?   The verse that came to my mind, over and over was  "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well".  Does our sweet Lucy Kate walk perfectly?  No, but she is the bravest, most determined little girl any of us have ever met.  We choose you, Lucy Kate.....and you are WONDERFULLY made my beautiful girl!

5 comments:

  1. I love this picture. I remember meeting Emme at the airport and seeing her face look like Lucy's does in this picture. What a blessing it will be over the next few years to watch Lucy Kate come to know of her mighty God and loving Creator and see His hope fill her as it as filled Emme...adopted into the family of God! Now that is Amazing Love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our God doesn't make mistakes!! That's amazing Love too. What a moment to take your breaths away. Praise God for His abundance every day of your adventure!! Answered prayers for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your joyful praises are the language of Heaven! So grateful that they are also the language of Lucy Kate's Momma's heart!
    Praising Him,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That had to have been so difficult! I'm so sorry. Lucy Kate is so blessed to be adopted into such a beautiful and loving family, and I know all of you are going to be blessed in huge ways as well. We love you guys and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete